I ran some quick numbers from our flight logs and came up with a few fun statistics. We have logged at least 230 mission days, and 315 total flights. I have to expect that some missions were…Continue
Added by Jonathan Dandois on September 29, 2013 at 12:24pm — No Comments
After dealing with the motor issues (0.5-1 degree off alignment on 3 motors), the hexa is now performing really well.
Here you can first see a little stabilize test. Excellent performance, quick compensation. There was 'some' wind here, about 2-3Bft.
Then the first fully autopilot flight @ 60m high. Amazingly, the hexa just goes straight up as if there's no wind…Continue
I recently starting playing with the Photoscan Python API and adapted a nice little script from the forums for running a job in Photoscan, saving and exporting points and all the while recording time stamps for the entire process.
Previously we had used a screen capture…Continue
Ecosynth popped up on the NSF twitter feed this morning with a link to a short feature on the project at…Continue
Added by Jonathan Dandois on September 21, 2013 at 9:42am — No Comments
Today I have taken the hexa on a first waypoint mission:
Setup using droidplanner:
Flight path visualized using Google Earth:…Continue
This week I've been working on cataloging and checking the data for the trees collected on campus. I used the data to figure out the most common type of tree in the knoll section of the campus. The most common type was Acer Rubrum or the Red Maple. A close second was the Prunus Serotina or the black cherry tree. This isn't surprising as the most common type of deciduous tree in North America is the red maple. The…Continue
Added by Andrea Farace on September 6, 2013 at 7:30pm — No Comments