Leaves are falling and changing color, all signs of fall, and the temperatures are comfortable. On Friday September 28th, we worked on the Knoll, and got an entire plot done, as well as one subplot. I also saw how to properly set up, and separate the plot into subplots, which I hadn’t seen before.
We worked efficiently because we were a team of four,…Continue
Added by Maeve Tilly on September 30, 2012 at 7:00pm — No Comments
We are making progress on our tree inventory endeavor. We have completed all but 14 of the forested plots in Herbert Run and will then be turning our attention to completing the Knoll. In addition to recording species, DBH & geological location we will also be measuring the height of trees w/ DBH greater than…Continue
Being new to this forestry project, I came on board in August 2012 with few expectations and much anticipation. I was introduced to the methods used for this type of environmental mapping and was shown the two locations we were expected to cover, the Knoll and Herbert Run. (The Knoll is covered by a mixed-age forest, which included beech (Fagus grandifolia), oak (Quercus spp.), and hickory (Carya spp.), as well as white ash (Fraxinus americana). The Knoll was a good starting point for a…Continue
Added by Svetlana on September 25, 2012 at 8:46pm — No Comments
Today will mark roughly the third week of me joining the Ecosynth project (technically I started 8/16/2012). It has been an exciting and eventful three weeks to experience, and I couldn't be happier working on the project.
I'd like to share a little bit of what I have been doing here so far.
Yep. That's a…Continue
Hi folks. I made my first arducopter hexa flight with a camera yesterday. It was successful in that I obtained imagery, however the image quality was not satisfactory. I'd like to get advice from the group on camera settings, which I think may be the…